“The biggest room in the world is room for improvement.”
- Helmut Schmidt (German politician)
Brushing up and honing one’s skills to perfection thus stems from this constant endeavour to improve. As is basic human nature, we strive a little harder to improve in every aspect of our lives. So why would academics be any different? In the pursuit of excellence in higher academics, most of us have to across the all-too-familiar hurdles of writing an elaborate dissertation on our specialisation or discipline. In those very shoes are thousands of students all across the UK in the colleges and universities on their ways of achieving postgraduate, doctoral or post-doctoral degrees.
As academia looks towards staying abreast with the latest advancements in the modern world, many new specialisations and disciplines have come up. With the rising pressure in academics, many students feel the need to look for suggestions and advice for their academic papers. A dissertation being a lengthy and elaborate academic paper requires in-depth and extensive research. That is why many students struggle with piecing together their dissertations to perfection. It is for their benefit that we present the following suggestions and tips to check and hone their dissertation writing skills. Keep a keen eye out for our expert tips and suggestions if you are one of them.
One of the essential parts of an academic dissertation is the structure and formatting of the document. While there are plenty of accepted formats of dissertation structure across disciplines and educational institutions all around the world, there is a more-or-less ideal structure that includes almost all of the academic conventions across the country. An ideal dissertation usually follows the structure as shown below.
- Cover page and title: The cover page should contain the title of the dissertation and other details pertaining to it such as the name of the supervisor, name of the researcher, and your level of study.
- Acknowledgements: For the acknowledgements part of your dissertation, you will need to include the names of all those who has helped you in conducting the research, from eminent scholars in your field to your supervisor.
- Table of contents: As the name suggests, the table of contents should have the entire list of the chapters of your dissertation with the relevant page numbers in the sequential order that they are in the dissertation.
- Introduction: In the introduction, mention the topic and the background of your research in a brief while highlighting the research question and the objectives of your study.
- Review of literature: For the review of the literature, summarise the principal works of the eminent writers in your discipline with a specific focus on your area of research.
- Methodology: Detail and describe the methodology that you have used for your research in this section. Describe all the methods of research that you have used to conduct it. This portion of your dissertation is crucial to showing the entire structure of your research in detail.
- Data analysis and interpretation: Include all your findings and data that will help to show your study in great detail to the professors. The findings of the study should find a place in this section.
- Conclusions: Discuss the findings of your study in the conclusions part of your dissertation. You should necessarily include the findings and results of the data that you collect in the conclusions chapter of your dissertation.
- Bibliography: The complete list of references is what your bibliography should have. Follow the academic guidelines followed at your higher education institution to compose this section.
- Appendices: The appendices for your dissertation should include the other essential parts of your study. For example, if you have conducted your dissertation through a survey method, then include the questionnaire or interview schedule in the appendices of your dissertation.
Stick to the format listed above and you are sure to have a robust structure of your dissertation. Incorporate the research and managing your time for writing each of these sections in the dissertation timetable that you set for yourself. On this note, if you still do not have a dissertation to-do list and well worked out the schedule, then go around to making one sometime soon. Having that in hand will give you a clear outline of the set of things that need to be ticked off to have that absolutely fabulous dissertation.
Coming to the part when you actually write the dissertation, there are some basic questions that you need to keep asking yourself in order to check you’re writing skills at each stage. This will give you a sure-fire way of improving your dissertation writing skills to perfection so that you end up with a flawless piece of academic document. Here are the top 5 questions that will help you ace up your dissertation writing skills to perfection at each stage of composing it.
- Do you have a title, theme or question for your dissertation?
The title, theme and question of your dissertation are all dependent on the topic that you choose. Having framed title that works for your research, you will know the theme on which to build it, and have the research question in mind too. All you need to keep a lookout for are the specific area that your dissertation is going to tackle, and the reasons why your research is important. The methodology that you follow to conduct the study will then lead you to learn about the ideal style of writing most suited to it.
- Do you know how to nail a dissertation proposal?
At the very outset, you will need to submit a dissertation proposal to a team of academicians in your higher educational institution. The dissertation proposal, written in the crisp language, should include the structure of your dissertation in brief. Along with the title, you must mention the objectives; a summary of the literature, methodology opted for conducting research, the prospective outcomes, tentative timeframe needed for research, and a list of references. Once you master the art of nailing a dissertation proposal, you will learn the basics of the composing style and structuring for your dissertation.
- What are the ways you can organise your research?
Organising your research is one of the crucial tricks to improve your writing style. The better you keep the facts and information that are relevant to your dissertation, the better you will be able to frame it in the ideal sequence. Keep a tab of all the relevant data that you wish to include in your academic paper using the digital advancements of technology such as Penzu or Evernote. You will be able to give shape to your research by incorporating only the best arguments that help to bring out your area of focus into the spotlight and aid you in establishing your take on the topic.
- What is the best way to format your dissertation?
The best way to format your dissertation is to have a double-spaced page layout with margins on all sides and a justified alignment. As for the writing style part, sticking to formal tone suited to academia is the ideal way to go about it. Use short and lucid sentences throughout the entire body of the dissertation. Keep the body concise and devoid of ornamental language. Following these few tricks will help you learn about the best ways to format the dissertation. Learning how to format well will, in turn, to lead to a more polished writing style.
- Do you know the editing and proofreading hacks for your dissertation?
Some of the editing and proofreading hacks will help your writing shine through after the last stage before you turn it in. Once you finish writing the final draft, put it to rest for a few days. Unwind, play on your passions and come back to your dissertation after a break with a rejuvenated and fresh mind. You will know what to filter out to streamline your dissertation like a pro. This final dissertation proofreading and editing hack will save you from the tedious process of a long-winding process after the composition of an elaborate dissertation.
Ask yourself these five questions on your way towards writing your dissertation, and you will be able to find ways of improving your dissertation writing skills. Making sure that you end up with a flawless and well-composed dissertation, these questions will help you in knowing the areas that need focus while trying to perfect your dissertation writing skills. Happy writing!
Unsure of being able to write your dissertation to perfection? Entrust your dissertation with the scholarly writers at Dissertationproviders.co.uk to make all your academic worries go away forever.
Worry not if you hit a writer’s block midway through composing your dissertation, for we can help you with that. Having a team of over 3000 PhD-qualified professional academic dissertation writers, we offer a wide range of academic assistance with all your research papers. Bringing out flawless and impeccable dissertations for your scholastic needs is our commitment and we endeavour towards fulfilling that all the time. You can be sure to fly high in your academics with our express academic solutions for dissertations, research papers, theses and the like. Trusted by thousands of students all across the UK, we are the leading dissertation writing services for all levels of study.
Gone are those days of fretting over having a huge dissertation to compose from scratch all by yourself or having to go through the tedious editing and proofreading process after finishing it. We can come to your help with our team of over 3000 scholarly writers and PhD-qualified subject matter experts from myriad disciplines and specialisations. It is because of them that we have been able to satisfy all our customers and have built our name in the academic writing realm. Our services also have some one-of-a-kind features that set us apart from the rest of the assignment writing service providers.
- In-depth knowledge of experts
- Stellar quality for all academic papers
- Timely deliveries
- Zero plagiarism: guaranteed
- Utterly affordable prices
- Covering myriad subjects
- Wide range of academic writing services
- Free rework and revisions
- Keen editing and proofreading services
- Round-the-clock online support
Keeping pace with the fast-paced digitised world of today, the education system in the UK has also undergone several changes. Most of them have led to the academic sphere becoming increasingly complex and competitive with many specialisations and difficult coursework being introduced. Students these days have to stay abreast in the competitive sphere of their scholastics with mounds of academic assignments for all of their subjects at colleges and universities that meet the high expectations of their professors. It is thus no surprise that many students panic about having to manage so many assignments and having to learn it all within one-hour lectures. That is the main reason why many of them choose to rely on professional writers online to finish their academic papers on their behalf. And what better place to go in search of dissertation writing services that Dissertationproviders.co.uk – aiding students in need of scholastic assistance.
Why waste time in trying to piece together a perfect dissertation? Let us do that for you while you say goodbye to academic woes forever. Following all your guidelines and specifications, we will deliver nothing but the very best in terms of the quality of academic papers. Rush and place your order at Dissertationproviders.co.uk today to soar high in your academics without any more worries or woes.